Since its inception in 1965, the Company has designed and manufactured microwave devices for use on various tactical military programs. Herley has successfully integrated a series of targeted acquisitions and focused their strengths into our existing operations, including:
- Through a small acquisition in June 1986 the Company entered the flight instrumentation business beginning with the design and manufacture of range safety transponders.
- In September 1992, the Company acquired substantially all of the assets of Micro-Dynamics, Inc. of Woburn, Massachusetts, a microwave subsystem designer and manufacturer
- In June of 1993, the Company acquired Vega Precision Laboratories, Inc. ("Vega") of Vienna, Virginia
- In July 1995, the Company acquired the government systems business of Stewart Warner Electronics of Chicago, Illinois, a manufacturer of high frequency radio and IFF interrogator systems.
- In August 1997, the Company acquired Metraplex Corporation of Frederick, Maryland, allowing the Company entry into the airborne PCM and FM telemetry and data acquisition systems market.
- In January 1999, Herley Industries acquired General Microwave Corporation of Farmingdale, New York, a microwave subsystem manufacturer with a 30 year history in the industry.
- In January 2000, Herley acquired Robinson Labs in Nashua New Hampshire,. a manufacturer of microwave components used in commercial wireless and defense applications
- In October 2000, Herley acquired American Microwave Technologies (AMT) in Anaheim, California, a manufacturer of solid-state broadband RF amplifiers used by the scientific and medical markets.
- In September 2002, Herley acquired EW Simulation Technology Ltd., a UK manufacturer of electronic warfare simulator systems, increasing Herley's presence in the EW market and in the international market.
- In March 2004, Herley acquired Communication Techniques, Inc., of Whippany, New Jersey, a manufacturer of phase locked sources and fast frequency changing direct synthesizers.
- In September 2004, Herley acquired Reliable System Services, of Melbourne, Florida, which has focused on satellite-based command & control systems for defense customers.
- In February 2005, Herley acquired Micro Systems, Inc. of Ft. Walton beach, Florida. Micro Systems is a recognized market leader in engineering, design and manufacturing of command & control systems for operation and tracking of unmanned aerial, seaborne and ground targets and missiles.
- In April 2005, Herley acquired Innovative Concepts, Inc., of McLean, VA a company providing wireless communications technology and real-time embedded systems, software, hardware and high-speed processing in support of the defense industry.
- In September 2008, acquired Eyal Microwave Industries. a leading supplier of a broad range of innovative, high-reliability, RF, microwave and millimeter wave components and customized subsystems, based in Kibbutz Eyal Israel. Eyal operates as a subsidiary of General Microwave Israel Corp. ("GMIC").
Herley - General Microwave specializes in developing and producing customized microwave components and millimeter wave products for the defense and aerospace industries as well as for non-defense applications such as communication systems. Herley General Microwave produces the industry standard General Microwave line of off-the-shelf catalog RF components. If you are looking for a solid state power amplifier, microwave synthesizer or other microwave oscillators, microwave receiver, microwave switches, microwave attenuator, microwave limiter, microwave phase shifter, or microwave IQ vector modulator; we can produce components meeting your requirements at a very competitive price. We also produce high quality customized integrated microwave assemblies such as up and down converters, DLVAs, beam forming networks, front ends, or switched bank filters, that can be used in a wide variety of demanding applications. Herley General Microwave (HGMI), a subsidiary of Herley Industries provides solutions for electronic warfare systems, phased array radar systems, electronic warfare simulators, test equipment and test systems and other defense and non-defense systems. We look forward to working with you, so please contact us today.